Search ATF's Blogs

Wednesday 30 May 2012

Recommended Books

Parker J. Cole, a brilliant author, with her debut book "DARK CHERUB". A great work of fiction, a brilliant read as well as an awesome gift to give to your dear friends.


To buy this book now, CLICK HERE.

For More information on this book as well as interview of Parker J. Cole, PLEASE CLICK HERE. Join the visibleconservative, Letitia Wong and Melissa Pellew as here they discuss the weak link in U.S. abortion legislation: Personhood. Plus, the author of this new Amazon hit Novel "Dark Cherub" will be on air here. A personal friend to both Letitia and Melissa, Parker J. Cole talks about the pro-life aspect of her paranormal thriller that;s getting rave reviews from the new fans of her work.



Book Reviews: 

"The Poached Egg"....
Yesterday afternoon, I was sitting with my tiny ‘book and coffee’ klatch bemoaning the fact that I was out of things to read. (This is a frequent theme with me.) My friends just nodded and went back to reading, because THEY all had something to read. Sigh… So I skipped out of work early. When I arrived home, Greg said “You received a book in the mail”. Wheeeeeeeeee! All is right in the world again! Yippie! GIMME GIMME GIMME! (That’s pretty much my reaction verbatim.) So when he handed me a black book with Dark Cherub written on the cover I was even more elated. Looks dark, I like dark. Looks like fiction, I REALLY like fiction.
For the next few hours I ran errands and read between stops (though not at stoplights, that person drives me batty…er) While the kiddo was in his evening class I sat in the lobby and read, not because I didn’t have nine thousand pressing things to accomplish before bed time, but because I was sucked into the tale Ms. Cole was weaving. We scurried home, and I threw something at the family for dinner (I think?) and then curled up on the couch for the rest of the evening devouring this book.
Dark Cherub follows two friends though some very difficult and graphic times in their young lives. Women are disappearing around them and it gets worse with each passing year. Though both have faith in God one places all of her trust in Him to get her through the worst times while the other has trouble seeing past her own mistakes to accept the forgiveness our Father offers her.
Without giving away the many twists and turns of this story, I will say I held my breath for a good long time while reading this. I will also mention this is a story of choice. Choice in the hands of humans is a scary and terrible thing to behold. Each choice of each human sets events in motion that echo, no matter how significantly or insignificantly, throughout time. The intertwined web of choice that each of Ms. Cole’s characters find themselves struggling through is intricate and razor sharp, and some of them will not survive it.
Those choices were what affected me most while reading this book. Lots of people talk about abortion, what is wrong with it, what is ‘Good’ about it, why it should be legal, why it should be illegal. There are lots of ‘facts’ floating around out there about abortion. But I don’t often find it in fiction, at least the fiction I read. Only one other time has a character from a book that I loved chosen that road, but I have never read a work of fiction that spoke so plainly about abortion until Dark Cherub. There are so many things wrong with this world, and to me (for my own personal reasons), abortion is the vilest of those many things. Bravo to Parker J. Cole for having the courage to write about such a hot topic and to do it in such a manner that didn’t find me in a blind rage over the topic.
Authors get to do really cool things. You take an idea, shape it, and mold it into a person- a person with feelings and fingernails, hair and personality. And then (depending on the story) you drag them through the wringer until the life is almost sucked out of them, and yet that is the exact time when the character is the most real. Ms. Cole did a beautiful job illustrating the emotions and humanity (or inhumanity) of all of her characters.
I really can’t say enough about this book. It was a rollercoaster of emotions that terrified me, made me sad and ultimately made me slam the book shut (five hours later) and say ‘Wow, just…wow’. I cannot wait to see what Ms. Cole does with her fiction in the future. Is there some kind of mailing list I can get on? That would be great!


Shalanda Dallas (Via Amazon)...

I received my book at 2 pm and was finished reading it by 4 pm the same day. Yes the books just that good - from the first page I was hooked and couldn't put the book down.
Parker J. Cole does some extraordinary detailed brilliant writing and the message to me was clear. Great job!


Donald Orfei Jr (Via Amazon)...
Dark Cherulo is a story that keeps you intreged threw out the book. The book pits two good women against the evil and mysterious spirt called "mother". The book will keep you intrested in what is happening to the main characters. The ending has a couple of twists. The ending leaves a little to be desired. All and all I enjoyed the book. I can't wait to read another book by Parker J. Cole.


Johanna Parker (Via Amazon)...
This is one of the most remarkable books I have ever read. I could not put it down and whenever I had to I hated it. Parker J Cole has made a sensitive topic into a legendary story that keeps the reader on the edge of their seat through its intense suspense and clever twists that left me breathless until the last word. Truly a remarkable read! It should be made into a movie.


Jimmie Douglas (Via Amazon)...
Parker J. Cole moves seamlessly from prose to poetry to fanciful imagery to horror to natural dialogue to history. Yes, the story is captivating, imaginative, and touching, but the curiosity of not only what will be said but which technique will be used next literally pulls you through (think water skiing) from page to page. You say to yourself, "Just to the end of this chapter " -- but then, "Okay, just one more." A profound message written masterfully!


Matthew J Dixon (Via Amazon)...
Dark Cherub is a great book. The author Parker J Cole keeps you on the edge of your seat with her adrenline laced writing! The Story's main plot focuses on the battle between two young women and a malevolent evil known only as Mother and her army of followers called The Kinder. The book also follows several sub plots that intertwine with the main plot and all converge in a firecracker of any ending. If you are looking for Action, Suspense, and Horror with a few twists this is the book for you. I look forward to future books my Ms. Parker J Cole and if you haven't already I highly recommend you pick up this book. You won't be able to put it down and you won't regret it.


GET YOUR OWN COPY TODAY!

1 comment: